Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

glossaries | Package not found, but installed

Add tags Information and discussion about TeXLive distribution for all platforms; installation, administration; field reports

glossaries | Package not found, but installed

Postby pyrogerg on Mon Aug 29th, 2011

Does anyone have an idea why I'd get the compiling error message "'glossaries.sty' not found" when Tex Live says that it is installed? The path to it appears to be appropriate (/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/glossaries/base/glossaries.sty) and I'm not having trouble with other packages installed under Tex Live.

Thanks in advance.
pyrogerg

Re: glossaries | Package not found, but installed

Postby localghost on Mon Aug 29th, 2011

Obviously it is not properly installed in the TeX installation tree. You can check that on the command line.
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
kpsewhich glossaries.sty

This should yield the complete path. If there is no output, the package is not installed correctly. Perhaps refreshment of the file name database as root on the command line by texhash does the trick.

Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Re: glossaries | Package not found, but installed

Postby pyrogerg on Mon Aug 29th, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as you suggested and kspewhich won't return a path for glossaries.sty, unless I run kpsewhich from the directory in the Tex Live tree where glossaries.sty is located. I've run texhash and that did not fix the problem. What should I try next? I'm still very new to this, so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the glossaries package using the Tex Live package manager, but Tex Live refused to uninstall it, returning the following message.

tlmgr: not removing glossaries.x86_64-darwin, needed by glossaries

Gregory
pyrogerg

Return to TeXLive