Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Why does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"? Topic is solved

Add tags Information and discussion about LyX, a WYSIWYM editor, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems.

Why does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"?

Postby lyxrocks on Wed Aug 15th, 2012

when clearly there is only few lines, and when other lyx files compile just fine. i also included the lyx file as attachment, it is quite small, just 3 lines.

if i change the "type" of the math formula from displayed to inline, then it compiles fine. but i need it to be displayed.

if i change the enviorment of the math formula from subsection to standard, then it compiles fine. but i also need it to be subsection, i.e., part of the subsection title.

lyxquestion.jpg
lyxquestion.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 782 times

lyxquestion.lyx
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
lyxrocks

Re: Why does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"?  Topic is solved

Postby Stefan_K on Wed Aug 15th, 2012

There's a still problem with displayed math in the argument, which is also used for bookmarks, for the header, and for the table of contents. There you don't need displayed math for sure, especially in pdf bookmarks and in the running header line.

Just specify a short title, for example click on the title with the right mouse button and choose Insert short title. This title doesn't need the displayed math formula, and the problem would go away.

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Re: Why does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"?

Postby lyxrocks on Wed Aug 15th, 2012

thank you so much.

you are a life saver.
lyxrocks

Return to LyX