LaTeX forum ⇒ LyXWhy does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"? Topic is solved

Information and discussion about LyX, a WYSIWYM editor, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems.
lyxrocks

Why does lyx say "TeX capacity exceeded"?

Postby lyxrocks » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 pm

when clearly there is only few lines, and when other lyx files compile just fine. i also included the lyx file as attachment, it is quite small, just 3 lines.

if i change the "type" of the math formula from displayed to inline, then it compiles fine. but i need it to be displayed.

if i change the enviorment of the math formula from subsection to standard, then it compiles fine. but i also need it to be subsection, i.e., part of the subsection title.

lyxquestion.jpg
lyxquestion.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

lyxquestion.lyx
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm

There's a still problem with displayed math in the argument, which is also used for bookmarks, for the header, and for the table of contents. There you don't need displayed math for sure, especially in pdf bookmarks and in the running header line.

Just specify a short title, for example click on the title with the right mouse button and choose Insert short title. This title doesn't need the displayed math formula, and the problem would go away.

Stefan
Site admin

Link:
BBcode: Topic is solved[/url]" title="Click to select post's link in BBcode format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
HTML: Topic is solved</a>" title="Click to select post's link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links

lyxrocks

Postby lyxrocks » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm

thank you so much.

you are a life saver.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “LyX”