Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

LyX and SVN

LyXversion-controlAdd tags Information and discussion about LyX, a WYSIWYM editor, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems.

LyX and SVN

Postby DuncanFoley on Thu Dec 20th, 2012

I'm writing a book with several chapters and a co-author using LyX. I've created a SVN repository on Dropbox, and managed to transfer the chapters to a working directory. The text consists of a parent document and several child documents that reside in subdirectories.

1) When I open the parent document I get a message that says "Document [parent document] in [one of the subdirectories of the child document] doesn't exist. Create?" for every one of the child document directories. I have been clicking Cancel, but it is a pain in the neck and I don't understand what is happening.

2) When I use version control to check in changes on the parent document, it doesn't seem to check in the whole directory to SVN, because it reports that there are variants in the working directory copy of the child documents. How do I check in the whole working directory?

Duncan
DuncanFoley

Topic Tags

LyXversion-control

Return to LyX