Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

TexnicCenter Package Download

Add tags General information and discussion about TeXnicCenter

TexnicCenter Package Download

Postby creuvette on Wed May 30th, 2007

Hi!

I've got a problem concerning the package download of texniccenter. Normally, when you've got a new package which is not already installed, texniccenter downloads it automatically. In my case, this does not work - texniccenter does not even try to connect to the internet.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help!!

creuvette
creuvette

Re: TexnicCenter Package Download

Postby countbela666 on Wed May 30th, 2007

Hi,

if installed properly TeXnicCenter usually invokes MiKTeX to install missing packages. You can enable your MiKTeX distribution to do so in the "General" tab of the MiKTeX options dialog (run mo.exe from the prompt) by choosing "Yes" or "Ask me first" for the value "Install missing packages on-the-fly".

Regards
Marcel
Listen to me children of the night, beyond the doors of darkness you will find
a thousand worlds for you to see here, take my hand and follow me...
countbela666

Postby creuvette on Wed May 30th, 2007

Hey Marcel!

Thanks! It has not worked anyway.
Do I have to indicate something special when installing texniccenter? like "using Miktex" or something?

creuvette
creuvette

Postby mcostolo on Mon Jun 4th, 2007

I have also just installed 1 Beta 7.01. I have quite a few LaTeX classes in the MiKTeX directory structure that aren't found by TexnicCenter and so it wants to go and download them again. I can't find any way to configure TexnicCenter so that it uses the class files that MiKTeX already knows about. I'll admit this is rather confusing as WinEdt/MiKTeX seems to find them just fine.

Is this just a bug in the Beta version or is there some configuration file I don't know about?

Thanks,

-Mike-
mcostolo

Postby localghost on Mon Jun 4th, 2007

This is not a problem of TeXnicCenter (or any other editor), because it only executes the (pdf)latex binaries to compile the document. You do not write whether you installed these classes manually or with the MikTeX Package Manager (MPM). Since you are not sure if the combination WinEdt/MikTeX works fine, you should refresh the file name database (FNDB) via MikTeX Settings or do that manually on the console. Your added classes should be found then.
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
texhash
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Postby toultoutim on Tue Jun 5th, 2007

Hi, I 've got a problem slightly different but quite alike the one creuvette has described ( this is why I don't create a new post)
I'm trying to use the babel package with the [frenchb] option in the following way :

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[frenchb]{babel}

When I compile the doc Texnic tries to connect the Internet to download some composant, but nothing happens at all ...

moreover I've checked the Miktex installation of the babel package and it is complete so I don't understand why Texnic tries do download anythng at all it's already on my computer...

please help I would Like to use accent without always typing things like \'e etc...
toultoutim

Postby localghost on Tue Jun 5th, 2007

Again the question for the used MiKTeX system. And are you sure that the option frenchb is supported by the babel package? I couldn't find any hints in its documentation.
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Postby debro5 on Wed Jun 6th, 2007

You must replace:

\usepackage[frenchb]{babel} by

\usepackage[francais]{babel}

frenchb not maintained anymore
debro5

Postby toultoutim on Wed Jun 6th, 2007

thank's for your answers as a matter of fact, the package Latin Modern was missing and this was why things didn't worked.

The fact that babel package was well installed, was what has made me wonder "why the hell Evil or Very Mad doesn't it work?"
toultoutim

Postby banana_inc on Mon Dec 28th, 2009

Hello creuvette!

I had the same problem, finally it appears that there is an incompatibility with miktex and texniccenter... To solve the problem you must allow Miktex to download missing packages without asking first. See the page http://miktex.org/2.8/issues

Hope it will solve your problem as it solved mine!
banana_inc

Next

Return to General