Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

subfig | Getting the Package Topic is solved

Add tags Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.

subfig | Getting the Package

Postby bjayaram on Thu Feb 2nd, 2012

where can i download the subfig.sty file? I tried so many places after a google search, but none seem to have the .sty file. pls let me know
bjayaram

Re: subfig | Getting the Package

Postby Stefan_K on Thu Feb 2nd, 2012

With your Ubuntu TeX Live version, you can install the texlive-latex-recommended package, which contains the subfig package, also subfig.sty.

You can do it at the command prompt, in a terminal:

Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-recommended

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Postby bjayaram on Thu Feb 2nd, 2012

Stefan,
I am not using Liux/Unix. I work on Windows and My editors are Winedt and TexnicCenter. I am also sitting behind a firewall, so i tried the Miktek options/Update too. None of that work. Hence I prefer the .sty file directly.
bjayaram

Re: subfig | Getting the Package  Topic is solved

Postby Stefan_K on Thu Feb 2nd, 2012

I guess I've read Linux in another post ;-) you could download subfig.dtx and subfig.ins from CTAN, just visit the package directory. Then you can use LaTeX to compile subfig.ins, this generates the .sty file.

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Postby sommerfee on Fri Feb 3rd, 2012

bjayaram wrote:I am also sitting behind a firewall, so i tried the Miktek options/Update too. None of that work.

Just download ftp://<CTAN-server-of-your-choice>/tex-archive/systems/windows/miktex/tm/packages/ completely and use this local copy as a local MikTeX repository. This way you can use the MikTeX package manager (and the MikTeX update manager), no need to install packages by hand.
sommerfee

Postby localghost on Fri Feb 3rd, 2012

sommerfee wrote: Just download ftp://<CTAN-server-of-your-choice>/tex-archive/systems/windows/miktex/tm/packages/ completely and use this local copy as a local MikTeX repository. This way you can use the MikTeX package manager (and the MikTeX update manager), no need to install packages by hand.

Using the MiKTeX Net Installer to download a complete MiKTeX system to a local directory seems easier to me.

Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Postby sommerfee on Sat Feb 4th, 2012

localghost wrote:Using the MiKTeX Net Installer to download a complete MiKTeX system to a local directory seems easier to me.

Since I'm not using Windows/MikTeX at all (but Linux/TL) I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.
sommerfee

Return to Graphics, Figures & Tables