LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & Tablessubfig | Getting the Package Topic is solved

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
bjayaram

subfig | Getting the Package

Postby bjayaram » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

where can i download the subfig.sty file? I tried so many places after a google search, but none seem to have the .sty file. pls let me know

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 am

With your Ubuntu TeX Live version, you can install the texlive-latex-recommended package, which contains the subfig package, also subfig.sty.

You can do it at the command prompt, in a terminal:

1. sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-recommended

Stefan
Site admin

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bjayaram

Postby bjayaram » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am

Stefan,
I am not using Liux/Unix. I work on Windows and My editors are Winedt and TexnicCenter. I am also sitting behind a firewall, so i tried the Miktek options/Update too. None of that work. Hence I prefer the .sty file directly.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 am

I guess I've read Linux in another post ;-) you could download subfig.dtx and subfig.ins from CTAN, just visit the package directory. Then you can use LaTeX to compile subfig.ins, this generates the .sty file.

Stefan
Site admin

Link:
BBcode: Topic is solved[/url]" title="Click to select post's link in BBcode format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
HTML: Topic is solved</a>" title="Click to select post's link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links

sommerfee

Postby sommerfee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 am

bjayaram wrote:I am also sitting behind a firewall, so i tried the Miktek options/Update too. None of that work.

Just download ftp://<CTAN-server-of-your-choice>/tex-archive/systems/windows/miktex/tm/packages/ completely and use this local copy as a local MikTeX repository. This way you can use the MikTeX package manager (and the MikTeX update manager), no need to install packages by hand.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

localghost
Site Moderator

Postby localghost » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 am

sommerfee wrote: Just download ftp://<CTAN-server-of-your-choice>/tex-archive/systems/windows/miktex/tm/packages/ completely and use this local copy as a local MikTeX repository. This way you can use the MikTeX package manager (and the MikTeX update manager), no need to install packages by hand.

Using the MiKTeX Net Installer to download a complete MiKTeX system to a local directory seems easier to me.

Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sommerfee

Postby sommerfee » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:11 pm

localghost wrote:Using the MiKTeX Net Installer to download a complete MiKTeX system to a local directory seems easier to me.

Since I'm not using Windows/MikTeX at all (but Linux/TL) I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”