LaTeX users online

In total there are 13 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests

tikZ | Indicate further Vertices

LaTeX Forum: Graphics, Figures & Tables

nodesTikZAdd tags Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.

Postby RichardLang on Wed Jan 30th, 2013

I use tikZ to draw graphs. In the picture below, I'd like to indicate that the vertices v_1, v_2 and v have neighbours that are not shown in the picture. I was thinking about a little cone or something similar, but I've no idea how to implement that.
Code: Select all  •  Open in online LaTeX editor

\tikzstyle{vertex}=[circle,draw, minimum size=12pt,inner sep=0pt]
      \foreach \pos/\name in {{(1,3)/v_1}, {(1,2)/v}, {(2,2)/w_2},{(0,2)/w_1},{(1,1)/v_2}, {(2,3)/v_3}}
        \node[vertex] (\name) at \pos {$\name$};
      \foreach \source/ \dest /\weight in {v_1/v/5, v_1/w_1/3,v_1/w_2/3,v/w_1/2, v/w_2/2, v_2/v/5 , v_2/w_1/3 , v_2/w_2/3, v/v_3/1 }
        \path[edge] (\source) -- node[weight] {} (\dest);
      \foreach \vertex in {}
        \path node[selected vertex] at (\vertex) {$\vertex$};

It would be great if someone could help me out here or just post an example.

Thanks in advance

Postby percusse on Sun Feb 10th, 2013

Where would you put those cones with respect to the nodes? You can also consider drawing dashed lines (a web-like structure) in the background to indicate that there is more to the graph than it is already being shown.

Postby RichardLang on Mon Feb 11th, 2013

Thanks for the answer! I would like to produce something like in the picture of page 2 of this article: ... J/J147.pdf

Topic Tags

Return to Graphics, Figures & Tables

LaTeX users online