Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Font Import into Illustrator

Adobe-IllustratorfontsAdd tags Information and discussion about fonts and character sets (e.g. how to use language specific characters)

Font Import into Illustrator

Postby ghostanime2001 on Fri May 24th, 2013

Hello,

there is an article published that says it is possible to import Windows compatible LaTeX fonts from MiKTeX 2.9 into Adobe Illustrator. But how to import fonts from TeX Live 2012 into Illustrator CS6?

Thanks!
ghostanime2001

Re: Font Import into Illustrator

Postby mas on Sat May 25th, 2013

Are you the same person who has asked a similar question at text.sx? :-) If not, look for the answers there in the following link:

Where can I find computer modern fonts for use in other programs, e.g. Adobe Illustrator?

OS: Debian/GNU Linux; LaTeX System : TeXLive 2014; Editor : Vim
mas

Postby ghostanime2001 on Sat May 25th, 2013

yes I posted a similar question. Nobody answered in months so I created a new topic here. It still doesn't answer my question fully. I know how to import fonts from miktex 2.9 but where can I import fonts from texlive 2012?
ghostanime2001

Postby mas on Sun May 26th, 2013

Since you know how to import fonts from MikTeX, it should be similar with TeXLive 2012 even. The font directories under the TeXLive and MikTeX tree would be identical (I am guessing here as I do not have MikTeX :-)) What particular font(s) are you looking at? As mention in tex.sx link, if ttf/otf versions are available, they would be better IMHO.

mas

Postby ghostanime2001 on Sun May 26th, 2013

what is IMHO? I am looking for sfrm1000 font to add to illustrator CS6. The font directory for texlive is different from miktex.
ghostanime2001

Postby cgnieder on Sun May 26th, 2013

ghostanime2001 wrote:what is IMHO?

IMHO = in my humble opinion, a web search should have lead you to the wiktionary entry, for example.

Regards
Clemens
------------------------------
New German Q&A site about TeX: http://texwelt.de/wissen
System: TeXlive 2013, OpenSUSE 12.3
cgnieder
Site Moderator

Postby mas on Sun May 26th, 2013

I am looking for sfrm1000 font to add to illustrator CS6.

OK, now things are a bit clearer.

The font directory for texlive is different from miktex.

I do not think so. If I am not mistaken, every TeX distribution adheres to TeX directory standard.

On my TeXlive installation (linux), the fonts you quote are in the subdirectory of cm-super. The link I had posted earlier told where to get the cm (short for computer modern) fonts in different formats. You should look at those links, download the fonts and use them.

mas

Postby ghostanime2001 on Sun May 26th, 2013

That is for linux but I am using windows 8 pro x64 with media center. I found the cm-super directory (C:\texlive\2012\texmf-dist\fonts\type1\public) but I only see .pfb not .pfm so I would not be able to add these files into windows font folder.
ghostanime2001

Topic Tags

Adobe-Illustratorfonts

Return to Fonts & Character Sets