LaTeX users online

In total there are 29 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Excel2Latex problem Topic is solved

LaTeX Forum: General

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Postby Florian on Mon Oct 13th, 2008

Dear Latex Friends,

when I use Excel2Latex, it says "Can't find project or library" after I pressed on the conversion button. The window in which the latex code should appear says "Generating Table. Please wait...", but nothing happens. Any ideas what's the problem?

Thank you and best regards,
Florian

Update: I now have found an older version of Excel2Latex. With 2.0 it works! Maybe my problem is due to some bug in version 2.1, which was just released these days. Thanks nevertheless and bye!
Florian

Postby huthoos on Wed Jan 6th, 2010

This problem may be caused by a broken reference to REFEDIT.DLL. Excel2LaTeX.xla contains a reference to folder OFFICE12 (Office 2007). If you use the macro with Office 2003 (OFFICE11) you must fix the reference. REFEDIT.DLL is in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\. In Excel go to Tools>Macros>Visual Basic Editor, select VBAProject (Excel2LaTeX.xla) in Project Explorer, then go to Tools>References and uncheck MISSING:Ref Edit Control, click Browse and Open REFEDIT.DLL, then use the priority button to raise the new Ref Edit Control entry to where the MISSING entry was (click the up arrow button once and then hold Space to raise). Excel2LaTeX 2.1 works for me, I'm using Office 2003 on Windows Server 2003.
huthoos

Postby siepo on Fri Oct 8th, 2010

With me it worked fine without messing with priority (xp, excel2003)
siepo

Postby huthoos on Sat Nov 20th, 2010

siepo wrote:With me it worked fine without messing with priority (xp, excel2003)

Do you mean that you had to fix the reference but not the priority?
huthoos

Postby darelj on Sun Jan 22nd, 2012

I had the same problem and believe it or not - formatting my C: partition and reinstalling windows has solved this problem. Not really a good solution, but it worked for me!
darelj

Postby betrieb on Mon Jan 23rd, 2012

I had the same problem with Excel2Latex 3.0 using XP prof office 2003. The solution of huthoos worked for me fine. Wish I had come across Excel2Latex earlier.. Its a great tool :)
betrieb

Return to General

LaTeX users online