Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 9 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Capitalize first letter of every word

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Capitalize first letter of every word

Postby darckhart on Tue Mar 4th, 2008

Hi all. I'm looking for a way to capitalize the first letter of every word in a given block of text. Something to the effect of:
\begin{capitalize}
i want to capitalize every word of this sentence.\\
and this one too.\\
\end{capitalize}

which would of course display like:
I Want To Capitalize Every Word ....etc

Also it would have to work on text inside a table/tabular environment. I assume I'd have to write some custom macro, but I'm not savvy enough with latex yet to do this. Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks.
darckhart

Re: Capitalize first letter of every word

Postby gmedina on Tue Mar 4th, 2008

Any resemblance to this thread?
gmedina

Re: Capitalize first letter of every word

Postby darckhart on Tue Mar 4th, 2008

Hm, yes very close to the first post. The reason is I'm keeping a separate table of expressions/titles and it would look more presentable if each item had every word capitalized. However, in the main text I may refer to the expression without capitalizing every word if, for example, it was in the middle of a sentence. I was thinking I might pass the whole expression as an argument to the macro which would check for a space and then apply \uppercase to the first letter immediately following. But then I also don't know how to break up the word into its component letters and only \uppercase the first letter of the word. So I'm stuck.
darckhart

Return to General