LaTeX users online

In total there are 14 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests

Excluding figures/tables from the lof/lot

LaTeX Forum: General

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Postby anotherjames on Mon Apr 21st, 2008

Is it possible to exclude specific figures from the list of figures? (and likewise for tables from the list of tables)

I have an appendix full of figures but & tables it's making the lists rather long, so I'd rather exclude all tables & figures in the appendices from the lists.

Thanks for any help.
anotherjames

Postby localghost on Mon Apr 21st, 2008

Take a look at the caption package. It lets you customize captions in many ways. Right after starting your appendix, you can exclude the floats very easy.
Code: Select all  •  Open in online LaTeX editor
\appendix
\captionsetup[figure]{list=no}
\captionsetup[table]{list=no
}

Other capabilities of this powerful package are described in its documentation. You can find it on CTAN or via shell (command prompt) on your local machine.
Code: Select all  •  Open in online LaTeX editor
texdoc caption

Best regards
Thorsten¹
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Postby anotherjames on Mon Apr 21st, 2008

Thanks for the quick reply, that has worked. I was using the old caption2 package so it did take me a while to fix some incompatibilities when replacing it, but it the captions all look nicer now too :-)
anotherjames

Return to General

LaTeX users online