LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralAssociate Author with his Affiliation

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
bsmile

Associate Author with his Affiliation

Postby bsmile » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:27 pm

I am wondering how to generate a small paranthesis (1), (2) etc nearby an author name which directs to a specific affiliation. Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frits

Postby Frits » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 pm

If you're using the \maketitle command (when specified \title, \author and \date), you can add the \thanks to the \author command to add an affiliation.
howtoTeX.com - Your LaTeX resource site (Tips, Tricks, Templates and more!)
Follow howtoTeX on twitter

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sandy10m

Postby sandy10m » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:45 pm

In our collaboration of 270, we use the following for Elsarticle submissions:

1. \author[Gent]{Y.~Name1} \fnref{LosAlamos}}
  2. \author[Zeuthen]{M.~Name2}
  3. etc.
  5. \address[Gent]{Dept.~of Physics and Astronomy, University of Gent, B-9000 Gent, Belgium}
  6. \address[Zeuthen]{DESY, D-15735 Zeuthen, Germany}
  7. etc.
  9. \fntext[LosAlamos]{Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545, USA}

This gives a list of each author with the proper affiliation, plus the footnote at the bottom of the page of Los Alamos for the first author.

Since we have such a big collaboration, the superscripts of the author affiliations is super-messy if you leave LaTeX to default on letters (it gets to Z and then starts with AA, then AB, etc.). If you want numbers instead of letters, then the proper command to put before the author list is:

1. \def\theaffn{\arabic{affn}}

This changes alpha to numeric, or letters to numbers, for the author affiliation. I spent hours online trying to find this solution but had to go to the LaTeX experts to get the answer. I wanted to share this in a public forum in the hopes that it would help someone else avoid the pain.

Of course you need to switch the author footnotes to letters or symbols, too. Which I haven't figured out how to do yet. Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,
Sandy
Last edited by Stefan Kottwitz on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: code marked

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “General”