Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

How to Create a separate list of appendices

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

How to Create a separate list of appendices

Postby shantoos on Fri Aug 22nd, 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a command that creates a list of appendices like list of figures and tables.
Mainly something like "\listoftables" if there's any.

I'd appreciate your suggestions,
shantoos

Re: How to Create a separate list of appendices

Postby kal26 on Wed Aug 27th, 2008

For my thesis I use \usepackage[toc,page]{appendix} in my root file, and then do

\appendix

\include{appendixb}
\include{appendixc}
\include{appendixd}
\include{appendixe}
\include{appendixf}
\include{appendixh}
\include{appendixi}
\include{appendixj}
\include{pilotstudy}
\include{taudata}
\include{neurologyofpain}

And for each separate appendix file I just put \chapter{appendixa} and it comes out in the table of contents.

That may or may not help - I'm a LaTeX newbie and that's what is working in my PhD thesis.

kal26
kal26

Postby localghost on Wed Aug 27th, 2008

The appendix package suggested by kal26 is the right choice. Its documentation explains in detail how to create a "List of Appendices".

Best regards
Thorsten¹
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Postby RutgerH on Wed Jan 21st, 2009

Hi all,

I also am trying to work out how to generate a separate list of appendices, but with little luck!
I appreciate the direction to the appendix help documentation and have read the information there. Unfortunately, I am limited in my knowledge of Latex and am using Lyx.
I have tried inserting some of the tex commands at the onset of the appendices in the document, but they do not work for me. I have also done a considerable amount of searching for a set of commands that would create a separate list of appendices, but haven't come up with anything helpful. In fact, I have specifically registered here to solicit help!
Could someone explain in simple terms how I can get a separate list of appendices?
RutgerH

Postby charlax on Fri May 1st, 2009

Hi,

I don't know that much about Latex, yet in the memoir class there is a part called "New 'List of...' and entries" that could be of interest to you. I think that instead of \appendix followed by \chapter, you will have to define your own \app{} macro.

Hope that helps,

Chx
charlax

Return to General