Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Different Height of Capital Letters in Output Topic is solved

font-sizeAdd tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Different Height of Capital Letters in Output

Postby Atamsih on Thu Jan 31st, 2013

Hey guys

new guy on the forum although I'm experienced in LaTeX. I hope i used the right forum for this question, if not, please direct me.

I am writing a CV using the moderncv class and it looks great, only issue is, when I produce the PDF some letters are of unequal height and it look really ugly, which I don't want in the CV. It is only a problem when using multiple capital letters after each other, for example: DTU, CINF, CASE and so on. See the attached PDF.

Can anybody fix this? I have no idea why this happens.

I'm using the TeXmaker editor and MiKTeX. Curiously it looks fine in the embedded viewer in TeXmaker.
Attachments
CV- Blue dansk, tech.tex
(7.52 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
CV- Blue dansk, tech.pdf
(179.29 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Atamsih

Re: Different Height of Capital Letters in Output  Topic is solved

Postby Stefan_K on Sat Feb 2nd, 2013

Hi Atamsih,

welcome to the board!

Atamsih wrote:Curiously it looks fine in the embedded viewer in TeXmaker.

That's a sign that it's a problem of your separate PDF reader program. I guess it's the Adobe Reader. I noticed unequal heights of capital letters too. But zoom in: you will see the height is actually equal but there's a display problem at some zoom levels.

I could see this with your attached document in the Adobe Reader. With the PDF reader on my iPad, it seemed fine at all zoom levels when I tried zooming in and out.

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Re: Different Height of Capital Letters in Output

Postby Atamsih on Tue Feb 12th, 2013

Hey Stefan

I can't belive i didn't realise that. I tried with another viewer (foxit reader) and i worked perfectly.

Thank you for help

Kind regards!
Atamsih

Topic Tags

font-size

Return to General