LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralDifferent Height of Capital Letters in Output Topic is solved

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
Atamsih

Different Height of Capital Letters in Output

Postby Atamsih » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Hey guys

new guy on the forum although I'm experienced in LaTeX. I hope i used the right forum for this question, if not, please direct me.

I am writing a CV using the moderncv class and it looks great, only issue is, when I produce the PDF some letters are of unequal height and it look really ugly, which I don't want in the CV. It is only a problem when using multiple capital letters after each other, for example: DTU, CINF, CASE and so on. See the attached PDF.

Can anybody fix this? I have no idea why this happens.

I'm using the TeXmaker editor and MiKTeX. Curiously it looks fine in the embedded viewer in TeXmaker.
Attachments
CV- Blue dansk, tech.tex
(7.52 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
CV- Blue dansk, tech.pdf
(179.29 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:44 am

Hi Atamsih,

welcome to the board!

Atamsih wrote:Curiously it looks fine in the embedded viewer in TeXmaker.

That's a sign that it's a problem of your separate PDF reader program. I guess it's the Adobe Reader. I noticed unequal heights of capital letters too. But zoom in: you will see the height is actually equal but there's a display problem at some zoom levels.

I could see this with your attached document in the Adobe Reader. With the PDF reader on my iPad, it seemed fine at all zoom levels when I tried zooming in and out.

Stefan
Site admin

Link:
BBcode: Topic is solved[/url]" title="Click to select post's link in BBcode format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
HTML: Topic is solved</a>" title="Click to select post's link in HTML format" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" />
Hide post links
Show post links

Atamsih

Postby Atamsih » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:33 am

Hey Stefan

I can't belive i didn't realise that. I tried with another viewer (foxit reader) and i worked perfectly.

Thank you for help

Kind regards!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “General”