LaTeX users online

In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

No Compiler Engine found

LaTeX Forum: General

MacTeXTeXworksAdd tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Postby Rampo on Sat Feb 23rd, 2013

Hi,

I am new to LaTeX and I just installed MacTeX on my Mac. I wanted to export to PDF in TeXworks, however it says that pdfLaTeX wasn't found on my mac and it says that I have to go to Preferences -> Typesetting. But I don't understand what to do there ... Can please help me with this?

I wasn't sure if I posted this in the right section.
Thanks!
Rampo

Postby Stefan_K on Sat Feb 23rd, 2013

How did you install MacTeX? I guess there was something wrong with the installation. pdfLaTeX belongs to MacTeX. Perhaps try the editor TeXshop, I guess this one is installed and configured with MacTeX.

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Postby Rampo on Sun Feb 24th, 2013

I just installed MacTeX in the same way as I install my other applications like Lightroom or Evernote. So ...
Rampo

Postby Stefan_K on Sun Feb 24th, 2013

I did not install your applications such as Lightroom or Evernote, so I cannot comment further or say what possibly went wrong.

I just guess, saying something like "I did it the usual way but it didn't work" might be not enough detail to help to fix it. ;)

Did you try TeXshop?

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Topic Tags

MacTeXTeXworks

Return to General

LaTeX users online