Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Reference Lists by Chapter with Author-Year Style

bibliographieschapterbibcitingnatbibAdd tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Reference Lists by Chapter with Author-Year Style

Postby mraoua on Wed Mar 20th, 2013

I am trying to write my thesis in LaTeX. I use a reference list by chapter by chapterbib and a global bibliography at the end of memory.

Everything works fine when I quote references with \cite. Eventually I wanted to make a quote author, year and for this I used the package natbib to use \citet and \citep. Suddenly, I had a lot of problems I have not been able to solve.

My headers use the title of the current subsection. That remains the case for the entire document except for chapter bibliographies where the word "References" in the header is written in small capitals. Also, I can not find the author quotes year.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and suggestions.
P.
mraoua

Re: Reference Lists by Chapter with Author-Year Style

Postby kaiserkarl13 on Sun Mar 24th, 2013

Would you mind creating a minimal working example for us? It might be something we can solve by fiddling with it, but at this point I have no idea what you've done. You may have to load chapterbib after natbib, but I don't know that for certain.
kaiserkarl13

Postby mraoua on Mon Mar 25th, 2013

Hi kaiserkarl13,

Thank your for your answer.
Here my MWE. The main file is "mwe.tex".

Thanks in advance,
M.
Attachments
mwe.rar
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
mraoua

Postby kaiserkarl13 on Wed Apr 3rd, 2013

I changed the style to "plainnat" instead of "plainnat-fr," but other than that all I changed was adding a bibliography to the main document (as it seems you wanted...?) and a line to the preamble to use the [rootbib] option. I still can't tell what you expect the output to look like, so I'll post what I got here.

Procedure: with \usepackage{chapterbib} in place, run LaTeX on the main file. Now run BibTeX on each .aux file (NOT the main one!) that contains citation commands. Run LaTeX twice on the main file. Replace preamble line with \usepackage[rootbib]{chapterbib}. Run LaTeX on main file. Run BibTeX on main .aux file. Run LaTeX three more times (first to process references, second to update ToC, and third to update cross-refs that depend on number of pages in ToC).

Please let me know what is different in this output from what you expect.
Attachments
mwe.pdf
What your MWE looks like when I run it.
(164.11 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
kaiserkarl13

Postby mraoua on Mon Apr 8th, 2013

Unfortunately, it is similar to what I thought before.
In fact what I'm looking for is this: when I quote a citation using the command \ citep there is nothing happens!
The only command that works is \ cite but it has the disadvantage of not putting the references in brackets.

Thank you !
P.
mraoua

Postby kaiserkarl13 on Sun Apr 14th, 2013

Again, it works for me. If you want author-year style instead of numbers, try leaving the "numbers" option of natbib out. But it definitely does something.

All three cite commands work, as shown in the example I posted. Top one is cite, center is citet, bottom is citep (section 0.1.1).
kaiserkarl13

Topic Tags

bibliographieschapterbibcitingnatbib

Return to General