LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralWarning about Destination with the same Identifier

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
dannyjor

Warning about Destination with the same Identifier

Postby dannyjor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm

I get a warning every time I compile my LaTeX project that says this.
  1. pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page.})
  2. has been already used, duplicate ignored.
  3. <to be read again>

How do I interpret this warning? Is it because I have a file with the exact same name as another LaTeX related file?

We have recently finished a project involving a lot of TeXing. And now I have just used the old LaTeX project as a template for the new one. Is it possible that the two project are interfering with each other?

My document class is custom class called "05gr551c".

Best regards
Danny

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

phi

Postby phi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 pm

See the UK TeX FAQ. If the identifier in your case is really "page.", then there is probably a page without number.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TriKri

Postby TriKri » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm also having this problem. On the page you linked to, the solution seems to be to give the optional parameter [plainpages=false] to the hyperref package (that is, \usepackage[plainpages=false]{hyperref} instead of just \usepackage{hyperref}). Doing so, however, doesn't have any effect.

I'm using \pagenumbering{gobble} to turn the page numbering off, and still I'm getting this warning. If I don't have any page numbers, why does LaTeX give the page an identifier that is based on the page number?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “General”