LaTeX users online

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Error in .bbl File Topic is solved

LaTeX Forum: BibTeX, biblatex and biber

bibliographiesBibTeXAdd tags Information and discussion about BiBTeX - the bibliography tool for LaTeX documents.

Postby swagatopablo on Wed Jul 10th, 2013

Using Kile 2.1.0 in Linux Mint 13 and writing a document (named proposal.tex) in standard article format. For the references, I am using a separate bib file using the commands
Code: Select all  •  Open in online LaTeX editor

where library.bib is generated by my reference management software (Mendeley). When I compile the document without the above commands, it gives no error at all. But when I compile with the above commands active, it gives several errors in the proposal.bbl file (which is produced at some stage) and refuses to generate the dvi. I am attaching the log file and the bbl file if they are necessary. Please help.

Correction: I have discovered more specific pattern in the error. It happens specifically when I need to include non-cited items from the bib files in the reference list and use the
Code: Select all  •  Open in online LaTeX editor

command in conjunction with the above commands.
(46.61 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
(19.38 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by swagatopablo on Wed Jul 10th, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby localghost on Wed Jul 10th, 2013

The provided files are quite useless without the corresponding source code (*.tex) and the bibliography database (*.bib). All this information belongs to an adequate problem description by a self-contained and minimal example.

LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
Site Moderator

Topic Tags

Return to BibTeX, biblatex and biber

LaTeX users online