Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Error in .bbl File Topic is solved

bibliographiesBibTeXAdd tags Information and discussion about BiBTeX - the bibliography tool for LaTeX documents.

Error in .bbl File

Postby swagatopablo on Wed Jul 10th, 2013

Using Kile 2.1.0 in Linux Mint 13 and writing a document (named proposal.tex) in standard article format. For the references, I am using a separate bib file using the commands
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
\bibliographystyle{unsrt}
\bibliography{library
}

where library.bib is generated by my reference management software (Mendeley). When I compile the document without the above commands, it gives no error at all. But when I compile with the above commands active, it gives several errors in the proposal.bbl file (which is produced at some stage) and refuses to generate the dvi. I am attaching the log file and the bbl file if they are necessary. Please help.

Correction: I have discovered more specific pattern in the error. It happens specifically when I need to include non-cited items from the bib files in the reference list and use the
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
\nocite{Key}

command in conjunction with the above commands.
Attachments
proposal.bbl
(46.61 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
proposal.log
(19.38 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Last edited by swagatopablo on Wed Jul 10th, 2013, edited 1 time in total.
swagatopablo

Re: Error in .bbl File  Topic is solved

Postby localghost on Wed Jul 10th, 2013

The provided files are quite useless without the corresponding source code (*.tex) and the bibliography database (*.bib). All this information belongs to an adequate problem description by a self-contained and minimal example.

Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Topic Tags

bibliographiesBibTeX

Return to BiBTeX