Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

multibib | Bibliography Styles for Beginners

Add tags Information and discussion about BiBTeX - the bibliography tool for LaTeX documents.

multibib | Bibliography Styles for Beginners

Postby navtis on Sun Nov 18th, 2012

Background: I'm a very occasional user of LaTeX. My installation is via the gentoo packaging system and I'd rather keep it that way than start changing the internals of packages in ways I don't understand and then having to manage my own upgrades.

I need to produce a document with multiple very small in-line bibliographies within short sections, using a modified Harvard style for the citations. The best option for this seemed like multibib. However, the package fails to work with the Harvard package, I assume since the \cite{s} redefinitions are not recognised. As I read the manual it wouldn't work straight off with the natbib package either. I've seen the instructions for modifying styles to work with multibib in its documentation, but don't really understand them, and in any case would not want to be modifying packages, as I said above.

Is there a) any easy way to tell which available packages and styles will be compatible with multibib, or b) any better package for what I need than multibib? I've looked briefly at chapterbib, but the \cbunit instructions seem a bit horrendous.

Thanks
Graham
navtis

Return to BiBTeX