Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 9 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

BibTeX Run creates flawed Bibliography Topic is solved

Add tags Information and discussion about BiBTeX - the bibliography tool for LaTeX documents.

BibTeX Run creates flawed Bibliography

Postby Homeberw on Fri Feb 1st, 2013

Hi all,

I have a document with an associated *.bib file that I have typeset successfully with MiKTeX using the WinEdt front end. On another computer, I decided to try out TeXworks. Using WinEdt, I do "bibtex -> latex -> latex" and all the references come out with no problem. Using TeXworks, when i run BibTeX (no errors) and then PDFLaTeX, I get this error:
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
 ...                                                                        l.24 \end{thebibliography}

So, in trying to figure out the problem, I notice that while BibTeX doesn't give an error with TeXworks, there are no \bibitem entries in the .bbl file. When I copy the .bbl from the WinEdt machine (which does have all the \bibitem entries), then two runs of PDFLaTeX works fine. I am sure I'm doing something stupid, but can anyone give a suggestion?

Thanks!
Homeberw

Re: BibTeX Run creates flawed Bibliography  Topic is solved

Postby Homeberw on Fri Feb 1st, 2013

Problem solved. Updated to use the latest IEEEtran syle and bst files. Everything working now. Hope I didn't waste anyone's time.
Homeberw

Return to BiBTeX