Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Dissapearing top margins tex-dvi-ps-pdf

Add tags Information and discussion about output converters related to LaTeX (e.g. dvips, ps2pdf, ...)

Dissapearing top margins tex-dvi-ps-pdf

Postby teXbeginnerM on Wed Mar 23rd, 2011

Hi! When I am comverting my tex files to pdf I have to go either via dvi-pdf or via dvi-ps-pdf because I have .eps figures in my document,and tex-pdf directly does not approve of that. with the first option (dvi-pdf)my pictures get distorted (half of one of the pictures gets cut off), and if I use the other option the top margins dissapear, and the text lines up with the upper edge of the side, wich is very ugly! anyone who has had a similar problem?
A minimum example, not including the pictures:

Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
\usepackage[margin=2cm, bottom=4cm]{geometry}
\begin{document}
\section{Introduction}
Blablabla
\end{document
}
Last edited by teXbeginnerM on Sat Mar 26th, 2011, edited 1 time in total.
teXbeginnerM

Re: Dissapearing top margins tex-dvi-ps-pdf

Postby localghost on Fri Mar 25th, 2011

teXbeginnerM wrote:[…] A minimum example, not including the pictures […]

This is not a minimum example. Please clean up the code from unnecessary stuff and try again. Make sure that the provided code is compilable out of the box for others and reproduces clearly the undesired behaviour.

Addendum:
Your modified code example does not correspond to your problem description any more. This short example compiles just fine with the previously mentioned compiling routes. There is always the possibility to convert EPS files to PDF (the forum search has appropriate solutions). This would allow direct compilation with pdfLaTeX.

Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Return to Conversion Tools