I'm happy to announce that our fellow LaTeX-Community moderator Stefan Kottwitz has published his first book on LaTeX. This book is a practical introduction to LaTeX with a lot of step-by-step examples. It guides you through typesetting with LaTeX, from installation and basic usage to text formatting and to page design, and it shows how to create and to manage complex documents with bibliographies and indexes. You will learn to use macros, packages, classes and templates to create professional documents.
Some of the topics of the book:
- Install LaTeX and use the TeXworks editor to compile documents
- Design the page layout; create dynamic headers and footers
- Fine-tune appearances and the space of words, symbols, and lines
- Apply intelligent justification and customized hyphenation to achieve fine text design
- Typeset professional-looking tables and create bulleted and enumerated lists
- Write sophisticated math formulas, from in-text expressions to complex multi-line equations with various alignments
- Cross-reference objects such as figures, tables, and equations
- Load fonts and vary their shape and style; choose between thousands of LaTeX symbols from specialized fonts
- Use macros to save time and effort; load packages to extend LaTeX’s capabilities
- Generate an index, cite books, and create bibliographies
- Use external pictures, color, PDF bookmarks, and hyperlinks
- Structure and manage large documents by splitting the input
- Manage large documents containing lists, index, and bibliography
This hands-on introduction quickly leads you as a novice user to professional-quality results. If you are about to write mathematical or scientific papers, seminar handouts, or even plan to write a thesis, then this book is for you.
The book published by PACKT can be purchased through amazon. By the book through one of the links below to support Stefan and LaTeX-Community.
Amazon.com users use this link:
Amazon.de users use this link: